• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

normal wear/tear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiffanyab

What is the name of your state? PA

I am about to move out of an apt I have lived in for 9 1/2 years.
What is considered normal wear/tear for carpets? The carpets are more than 5 1/2 years old.
I do believe I would have a right to new carpets within a certain number of years (5?).
Is this a law or just based on each apt management's discretion?

In short, there is carpet discoloration in one bedroom, and I really dont want it to come out of my deposit. :)

south

Did you keep the carpets clean and unstained? If the carpets are still in good condition but you stained them by dropping liquid on them you can be held liable, if carpets are simply worn down, foot traffic patchy, fraying sun damage etc then its wear and tear.

tiffanyab said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I am about to move out of an apt I have lived in for 9 1/2 years.
What is considered normal wear/tear for carpets? The carpets are more than 5 1/2 years old.
I do believe I would have a right to new carpets within a certain number of years (5?).
Is this a law or just based on each apt management's discretion?

In short, there is carpet discoloration in one bedroom, and I really dont want it to come out of my deposit. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">