• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Normal wear & tear?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carla K

What is considered normal wear and tear? I live in Ohio and just recently moved out of a rented house after giving a 30 day notice. We cleaned the house before we left, including sweeping, mopping, steam cleaning, etc. I admit I didn't clean the oven, but there was a very old pizza in there when we moved in, so I don't think they did either.

The landlord charged us for cleaning baseboards, cleaning driveway, mowing grass (in March!), cleaning &waxing kitchen floor, sweeping basement, cleaning oven, and carpet cleaning.

I thought landlords were supposed to clean the carpet and paint before rerenting the property. Please help!

M

mary hartman

NOPE....and since you didnt keep your reciepts and you didnt take lots of pictures of the place before you left..who do you think a Judge is going to believe?

L

LL

Carla K said:

I thought landlords were supposed to clean the carpet and paint before rerenting the property. Please help!

Who told you that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">