• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice Letter to kick tenant out / Eviction Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mwijaya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I have a single family home in Piscataway, NJ that I rented out since Dec '08. However, the tenant had been late with the payments every month. We had to chase them down to get the rent money, so when we got the money in hand, it is really really late. We required the tenant to put 1.5 months deposit, but until now, they only gave us 1 month deposit.
The tenant has so many excuses on why they are late with their rent. They had given us 2 bounced checks within the first 2 months of rent.
This month, they are already planning to pay the rent late, it is due by the fifth of each month. My husband had been calling them for more than 10 times, but the tenants are not answering their phones.
I would like to know the process of kicking the tenants out without getting a professional/lawyer?
Do I have to give them a Notice to Quit? Please send me some examples of written notice for the tenant and eviction notice as well.

ecmst12

In New Jersey, you will want to hire a professional, at least the first time until you learn the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">