• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice to not renew lease for 2005 to 2006

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suki007

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hi,

Glad to have this site!

I live in MA

I have given this landlord a first month, last month and security deposit in October 2003. All I have is a copy of my checks with their bank deposit slip under their names. I also have my cancelled check showing that they deposited this check in their account. It does not state if this an escrow account. I have not heard anything about this account since I gave them this money.

Also I took a video camera of the entire place when I moved in the first month and kept it in a secure place in case I have any problems later.

Am I entitled to have all this money back when I move out and the place is in good condition as when I first moved in?

Thanks! :)

Suki

BL

Well , yes , you are entitled to the entire security Deposit , If you leave it in the condition you moved into it , and your rent is current , AND you gave the Proper Notice to vacate .

Normal wear and tear does not go against you .

Last edited:

suki007

not renewing my lease

Blonde Lebinese said:
Well , yes , you are entitled to the entire security Deposit , If you leave it in the condition you moved into it , and your rent is current , AND you gave the Proper Notice to vacate .

Normal wear and tear does not go against you .
Thanks for your reply and answer I just wanted to be sure...I heard that this Landlord tend to keep all deposits regardless of good condition when it was left... so just preparing myself if this landlord gives trouble.

I have another Q... I was suppose to have my house built by now... there is a delay... I thought if I gave him my situation and request an extenstion for 2 more months without a lease and if he agrees, will I still get my money back if everything is in good condition?

suki007

suki007 said:
Thanks for your reply and answer I just wanted to be sure...I heard that this Landlord tend to keep all deposits regardless of good condition when it was left... so just preparing myself if this landlord gives trouble.

I have another Q... I was suppose to have my house built by now... there is a delay... I thought if I gave him my situation and request an extenstion for 2 more months without a lease and if he agrees, will I still get my money back if everything is in good condition?

OOps I forgot to ask you... what about the interest aren't they suppose to send a bank statement letting me know what the interest was? And my understanding is that , since they did not tell me in a timely fashion this info... do they have to give this deposit back immed...like almost 2 years ago? :confused:

BL

suki007 said:
OOps I forgot to ask you... what about the interest aren't they suppose to send a bank statement letting me know what the interest was? And my understanding is that , since they did not tell me in a timely fashion this info... do they have to give this deposit back immed...like almost 2 years ago? :confused:
You'd have to look up Mass. Landlord tenant Law . Or someone may come along that knows there Laws .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">