• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice to renew lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawnnish

I am in FL(Boca)
I have been running through various questions hoping I may havee seen this answered-if I AM being repeatative,I apoligize, I didn't see it. I think this is pretty easy. I am going on 2 years where I live, and I remember last year getting a notice in my door sometime in early April inquiring about whether or not I was going to be renewing, the cost, etc. My lease is up 6/10, so I guess it was about a 60 days advance. This year I still haven't seen anything and I am not sure if I should be paranoid, curious or just not concerned. As of March the complex was sold to another management company, so I am thinking maybe they just haven't gotten to it. Then the other voice is wondering if I am not being offered a renewal(although there would be no logical reason, I would think). The question is how far in advance must I be notified either way-if I wanted to stay or leave(say I was planning on moving?) OR how far would they have to notify me they don't plan on renewing, since I've never faced that issue?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

dawnnish said:
I am in FL(Boca)
I have been running through various questions hoping I may havee seen this answered-if I AM being repeatative,I apoligize, I didn't see it. I think this is pretty easy. I am going on 2 years where I live, and I remember last year getting a notice in my door sometime in early April inquiring about whether or not I was going to be renewing, the cost, etc. My lease is up 6/10, so I guess it was about a 60 days advance. This year I still haven't seen anything and I am not sure if I should be paranoid, curious or just not concerned. As of March the complex was sold to another management company, so I am thinking maybe they just haven't gotten to it. Then the other voice is wondering if I am not being offered a renewal(although there would be no logical reason, I would think). The question is how far in advance must I be notified either way-if I wanted to stay or leave(say I was planning on moving?) OR how far would they have to notify me they don't plan on renewing, since I've never faced that issue?
**A: also read the FL L/T law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">