• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Number of tennants per unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StatesBound

My family and I are moving into corporate housing in Texas. My sister-in-law went apartment looking for us and a complex stated that "by Texas Law they cannot rent anything less than a three bedroom apartment for a family of 5". Is this true? We have an 8, 6 and 4 year old. We would only be needing this for 1 month until we find a house.

J

jewelsf

Number of tenants

While I am not a lawyer and have no knowledge of texas law, I notice you have no other replies to this post and so I thought I'd chime in. My sister-in-law and her family were evicted from their 2-bedroom apartment home in Michigan after their 3rd child was born. They were told they could not have 5 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment.
I think that what you are being told, then, is probably true. :(
sorry! Again I'm no expert but wanted you to know this is not uncommon.

Julie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">