• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

[opinions] trans. fluid as flammable or toxic chemicals waste?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

empsystem

What is the name of your state? CA

Here is the part in the lease agreement I have questioned on:
"In addition [to standard regulations], Lesse will not, under any circumstances use the garage or storage space for flammable or toxic chemicals and/or waste."

Without breaching the agreement, is changing transmission fluid then, allowed?

I think it would be allowed because it is not considered as flammable or toxic chemicals by USPS, UPS, or FedEx (i.e. they would ship them), if it is stored in a closed container, and no drop on the ground, and even if it is argued for some [I don't know the actual number] percentage of oil in the fluid, who is to say that it is more dangerous than 24 pack of Corona beer, Vodka, or other large amount of flammable alcohol.
But that's just my two cents, what's your opinion on this? Thanks in advance for your input.

BL

The Lease State " Storage " , and yes Storage of Trans. Fluid would be a breach of contract .

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? CA

Here is the part in the lease agreement I have questioned on:
"In addition [to standard regulations], Lesse will not, under any circumstances use the garage or storage space for flammable or toxic chemicals and/or waste."

Without breaching the agreement, is changing transmission fluid then, allowed?

I think it would be allowed because it is not considered as flammable or toxic chemicals by USPS, UPS, or FedEx (i.e. they would ship them), if it is stored in a closed container, and no drop on the ground, and even if it is argued for some [I don't know the actual number] percentage of oil in the fluid, who is to say that it is more dangerous than 24 pack of Corona beer, Vodka, or other large amount of flammable alcohol.
But that's just my two cents, what's your opinion on this? Thanks in advance for your input.
relying on a shipping company to define a toxic and/or flammable product is like going to a mechanic for open heart surgery.

In fact, the EPA does list transmission fluid as toxic.

If you are caught, based solely on the facts in your post, you would be in violation of your lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">