• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner breaking a lease to sell property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FramerPDXwife

What is the name of your state?Oregon

I am trying to buy a house and the owner has a renter in there with a 9 month lease. Their renter has not payed rent on time each month for four monts and the owner just wants her out so she can sell the house. Does she have the right to get her out to sell the house or does she have to wait until she does something wrong or the lease is up she was told that she could not evict her for late rent because she has taken it in the past.

FramerPDXwife :confused:

FarmerJ

Unless you can get it in writting that the current owner will have the property empty by the time closing occurs then If I were you I would not consider buying this property the tenant is a headache now and if you buy it and they are in possession of the unit at the time of closing it will become your headache . If you have not signed anything nor put up any money then consider informing the owner in writting that any offer you make is contingent on the unit being empty and If you really want the place that bad tell them you will wait till it is before going any farther . The current owner needs to follow through with your states laws for eviction the next time the tenant is late with the rent and attempt to get them out based on non payement of the rent . DONT let this become your problem .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">