• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pet deposit NONrefundable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OKhunter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
OK so finishing out my month to month lease, and called the land lord to find out what i need to do to recoer both my security and pet deposits. She informed me that my pet deposit it non refundable which is new to me. According to my lease it just says deposit, nothing about it being non refundable. any help would be appreciated thanks.

FarmerJ

The lease is what stands , if it doesnt list pet deps as non refundables then take reasonable steps like asking the LL to recomend a carpet cleaning firm, clean every thing from A to Z and if the LL holds funds back that you feel is not fair use your lease copy in small claims when you sue the LL AFTER you have allowed the LL your states timeline to address your deposit.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
OK so finishing out my month to month lease, and called the land lord to find out what i need to do to recoer both my security and pet deposits. She informed me that my pet deposit it non refundable which is new to me. According to my lease it just says deposit, nothing about it being non refundable. any help would be appreciated thanks.
Does the receipt for the deposit say it is non refundable?

If it absolutely no where describes it as non refundable, inform the LL you are not above suing them for the return of the refundable pet deposit. (given you deserve it all back or any portion thereof )

KmanStuck

Does the receipt for the deposit say it is non refundable?

If it absolutely no where describes it as non refundable, inform the LL you are not above suing them for the return of the refundable pet deposit. (given you deserve it all back or any portion thereof )
Another LL who needs to learn the business that they are in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">