• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help, I'm being evicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetsoulsister

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

How long do I have in Louisiana before I have to move once I have received an eviction notice? My landlord refused rent on the fifth of the month (I am on a month-to-month lease) and she told me to start looking for a place to move. Then I received papers she filed on August 17th to evict and there is a hearing scheduled day after tomorrow (8/21). Since I already agreed to move, do I need to even go to the hearing or do I need to go and make sure I am given ample time to move (I have a lot of furniture including a piano so I have to make arrangements, etc.) Don't I have at least 30 days? If so, when does the clock start ticking? From the fifth? The date she filed (8/17)? Or the hearing???? I am not trying to stay here, I just don't want to have to move in 24-48 hours. Don't they have laws to protect people from things like this?

Any help/advice would be most appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">