• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE roomate died and managment wont quit.. help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JAYME

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

I have been living with a close friend for about 2 and a half years within that time the management of the mobile home community we reside in said i needed to be approved to be a resident there or i would have to leave i was not on the lease but was being a caregiver to my friend so prior to there demands for residency it was not required,(mind you this was after living there for well over a year)
so i filled out what they wanted, but in the process of all this they tryed changing up the paperwork to now not becomeing a resident but for roomatecy (which im not sure even exists) i guess they thought i wouldnt catch it, also they ran a credit check that i never consented to even knowing i wasnt finacially responsible for the rent because she was, but i didnt say anything in fear of more problems arrising in this matter, also went well over 12 years in wanting to verify my past residences, so i denyed sighning 8 months passed nothing came of it they never said if i had been approved or not, even though they had verified everything.
To make a long story short, my friend recently passed away and the mobile home went to a benificiary, which is now in the process of being gifted to myself so i can stay residing here , i pay the rent on time i keep it well maintained never complain dont bother my neighbors and do all they ask with a smile on my face.
now managment says before the bennificiary can gift or change title to me that i was to have to apply and get approved once again for residentcy in order to stay living here. can they do that considering i already live here and for well over 2 years now?? Is this legal what they are doing? what rights do i have as a resident/tenant if any ? please help me if you can any knowledge is greatly appriciated thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">