• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Predatory landlord in illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Quel123

Hello,
Its so much i dont know where to start.my landlord terminated the lease after 6 months because she didnt want to make repairs. Now she is accusing me of damage that were already here. Can i sue her for my security deposit and the 6 months of rent i have paid her? She falsley advertised the home online and when i moved in, it was a totally different story. I am a section 8 tenant so section 8 stopped paying her. The inspection failed both times so now I have to move? Help help help

Eekamouse

Hello,
Its so much i dont know where to start.my landlord terminated the lease after 6 months because she didnt want to make repairs. Now she is accusing me of damage that were already here. Can i sue her for my security deposit and the 6 months of rent i have paid her? She falsley advertised the home online and when i moved in, it was a totally different story. I am a section 8 tenant so section 8 stopped paying her. The inspection failed both times so now I have to move? Help help help
You paid the entire amount of rent out of your pocket because section 8 stopped paying her?

FarmerJ

The landlord made a mistake allowing you to move in with out S8 inspecting the unit first and passing it SO at this point go ahead and take a lot of pictures of the things that were broken or in bad condition when you moved in and go ahead find a new place that will participate get it inspected by s8 as fast as you can and get out of the current place. CAN the current LL sue you for unpaid rent yes and the best you can hope for is to show a judge the pictures of the things the LL was supposed to fix in order to meet section 8s requirements. ( many times section 8s work orders may seem silly to some landlords but section 8s work orders seldom are as severe as when a city housing inspector goes thru a place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">