• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scooby1969

While my landlord was visiting/showing my residence to another renter, i noticed his daughter was sitting on her feet in my leather recliner, i later saw that evening, that it was torn, what can be done?

CdwJava

While my landlord was visiting/showing my residence to another renter, i noticed his daughter was sitting on her feet in my leather recliner, i later saw that evening, that it was torn, what can be done?
You can (a) repair the damage, (b) ask the landlord or his daughter to repair the damage, (c) sue them if they refuse to make the repairs, or, (d) do nothing.

I suspect that the landlord and his daughter will deny causing the damage so you may have a hard time proving your case in Small Claims Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">