• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quiet Enjoyment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StressingOut

What is the name of your state? Florida

Very Long Story Short:
Have serious noise problems in my complex. From barking dogs, to upstairs neighbors(including an electric guitar), to loud music, to stomping up/down stairs. I have registered complaints with management to no avail. I also have records from answering service on times and dates I have called to complain. Also have talked to courtesy officer twice. Noise was an issue I addressed before signing lease and assured that I had quiet building and quiet neighbors with this apartment (took apt. of the the leasing agent who helped me).
First, I feel misled and second, I wonder if management is failing to uphold the "quiet enjoyment" clause in my lease. My stress level has increased 1000% and managment refuses to help to solve the problem.

I am 4 months into a 12 month lease and would love to be able to get out of it. Have already started looking at other complexes and I am on waiting list on 2. What is likelihood that I can get out of this lease without any penalty for management's failure to uphold their end of the lease?

The noise is not the only problem....vandalism by other tenants flooded my apartment two days before Christmas and one day before family arrived and it took the property manager a week to get over to see the damage.

Last edited:

FarmerJ

question , HOW long did it take for your renters insurance company to send some one out to see the damages to your personal property from the flood ?

S

StressingOut

Insurance guy there the next day. Ended up not filing a claim - wouldn't have been as much as my deductable and property manager finally agreed to a reduction in rent for January (finally told me amount on Jan 9). I found the amount to be reasonable for damages. I was able to contain flood to one room and minimal damage was done.

HomeGuru

StressingOut said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Very Long Story Short:
Have serious noise problems in my complex. From barking dogs, to upstairs neighbors(including an electric guitar), to loud music, to stomping up/down stairs. I have registered complaints with management to no avail. I also have records from answering service on times and dates I have called to complain. Also have talked to courtesy officer twice. Noise was an issue I addressed before signing lease and assured that I had quiet building and quiet neighbors with this apartment (took apt. of the the leasing agent who helped me).
First, I feel misled and second, I wonder if management is failing to uphold the "quiet enjoyment" clause in my lease. My stress level has increased 1000% and managment refuses to help to solve the problem.

I am 4 months into a 12 month lease and would love to be able to get out of it. Have already started looking at other complexes and I am on waiting list on 2. What is likelihood that I can get out of this lease without any penalty for management's failure to uphold their end of the lease?

The noise is not the only problem....vandalism by other tenants flooded my apartment two days before Christmas and one day before family arrived and it took the property manager a week to get over to see the damage.
**A: how many certified rrr letters have you sent to the management company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">