• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quiet enjoyment clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unhappytenant

What is the name of your state?colorado
I moved in on top of a bar. The landlord told us that the noise from the bands downstairs was not that bad. In fact it is so bad that the windows in our apartment rattle every night of the week. In our lease there is a clause titled quiet enjoyment. It states the landlord covenants that on paying the rent and performing the convenants contained in this lease, the tenant will peacefully and quietly have, hold and enjoy the premises for the agreed term.
I would like to know is this grounds for me to legally end the lease and move out?

south

It may be hard for you to enforce the clause considering you knew you would be moving above a bar, does the lease say what level of quietness?

I would issue notice to the landlord that the noise is beyond a reasonable level and state the clause and that you wish to utilize your rights as per the contract if the landlord cannot assure you quite enjoyment then you wish to give notice you are leaving.

Then see how the landlord responds...

unhappytenant said:
What is the name of your state?colorado
I moved in on top of a bar. The landlord told us that the noise from the bands downstairs was not that bad. In fact it is so bad that the windows in our apartment rattle every night of the week. In our lease there is a clause titled quiet enjoyment. It states the landlord covenants that on paying the rent and performing the convenants contained in this lease, the tenant will peacefully and quietly have, hold and enjoy the premises for the agreed term.
I would like to know is this grounds for me to legally end the lease and move out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">