• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quiet enjoyment violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdude71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona ..... 2 part thread
part 1; my landlord has come into my apartment several times when im not home & without asking me if its ok. i have videos to prove this. am i entitled to something for her doing this? ie...money? a months rent?

part 2; i moved in 3 years ago & i signed a 1 year lease. after that ran out we went month to month. she now tells me she needs the apartment back & has told me i have 30 days to leave. is it 30 or 60 days notice that she has to give me?

STEPHAN

1: You are not entitled to any compensation. Also: have you ever complained about that? Or did you know and kind of accept it?

2: 30 days is okay, unless you have other agreements in your contract (may even be shorter). Also check in the contract if it is 30 days or 30 days till the 1st or so.

Gail in Georgia

Review the attached which provides information to both of your questions:

https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/sites/all/docs/civil-rights/fha/TenantRightsResponsibilities.pdf

Gail

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona ..... 2 part thread
part 1; my landlord has come into my apartment several times when im not home & without asking me if its ok. i have videos to prove this. am i entitled to something for her doing this? ie...money? a months rent?

part 2; i moved in 3 years ago & i signed a 1 year lease. after that ran out we went month to month. she now tells me she needs the apartment back & has told me i have 30 days to leave. is it 30 or 60 days notice that she has to give me?
It is a 30 day notice to quit, not 60. However the notice must be in writing and delivered at least 30 days prior to the periodic rental date specified in the notice. A.R.S 33-1375.

Also under Arizona law, except in cases of an emergency (not defined), the landlord must give two days advance notice to the tenant of his or her intent to enter the premises. And then only to make repairs, alterations or improvements. A.R.S 33-1343.

So technically by entering the unit without such notice and/or you consent the landlord was in violation of Arizona law.

Are you entitled to be compensated? Not without taking the landlord to court on some theory of a violation of rights of privacy and be awarded damages. Which most likely would be nominal if any

But if the notice to vacate was give orally, you can ignore it if you wish.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">