• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racist and Abusive Neighbor, won't stop.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kuteazzmex

I need some help. My neighbor has harassed me several of times she also physically attacked my roommate. But, anytime that the police arrive she disappeared into her apartment and does not open the door for that police. Then they just tell me that there is nothing that they can do unless we are bleeding or dead. One officer even made a statement that I didn't understand which was "we are just the mediators." I done have the $400 to get a restraining order and even if I did the office is only open when I am at work. Please help me what di I do. Also I have mentioned this problem to both my managers and owner of the apt complex and they just reply with I'll have a talk with her.

Last edited:

JETX

And exactly what do you want the management to do?? At this point it is your word against hers.

You said your roommate was assaulted. Did you file a police report?? Has there been ANY physical injuries or contact??
If not, this is a simply matter of childish name-calling..... very likely on both sides.
Ignore her.

K

kuteazzmex

PLease give me good advice that can help me.

Well, she did strangle my roommate but my roommate does not know English and the cops didn't speak Spanish, and I was at work.

K

kuteazzmex

I need real help.

Ate it, never mind your no help your just a bored sarcastic person with no life I'm sorry but I'm serious.

Seanscott

Keep a log of every little incident. Look for witnesses that may have seen or heard ANYTHING. Present this info to the police & landlord. The landlord could eventually be in a heck of a mess if he continues to ignore this problem.

Check your states criminal registry and see if the neighbor has ever been convicted of a crime, especially violence.

File a police report on every incident. The day may come where you hurt your neighbor as you are defending yourself, and you want the past events on record.

The police will not arrest your neighbor unless they witness the incident, or one of you has visible wounds, bruises, etc from an attack. They will try to get you together to "mediate" your differences. I know that's not very satisfying, but it's really true - they won't do much until someone is seriously hurt.

Think about buying or borrowing a video camera. That's a great weapon.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">