• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

racist and crazy neighbor please help!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

odujones

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I have a neighbor that has called the police on me for making noise over 8 times. When the police come out they never witness anything and say im not at fault. She is complaining about things like openning and closing the screen door and walking across the apartment. The last straw is when she acussed me of following her daughter around when I was only dropping of the rent. I have complained to my landlord and she has agreed to move me into a new location and also sent my neighbor a letter saying to stop harassing me or she will be evicted. I will be moving into a town house for 90 dollars more although they are giving me the summer rates I am stuck with paying moving fees, service transfer fees, and my lease will start over once I move into the new place. Is there anything I can do to get relief from all these extra expenses and is there anything I can do about my neighbor harassing me?

Alaska landlord

Landlords don’t like to get involved with tenant wars. There is really no way to tell who is lying and who is telling the truth. Be grateful that your landlord is willing to work with you. Personally, the way I handle it is by terminating both tenancies.

odujones

well they said they had problems with her before, the police reports all said that i am not at fault, and when the police came out about me following her daughter they said that this was bull**** and that she is crazy.

Cvillecpm

I'll say it again.....police are not attorneys and they are not doctors - she may be crazy; however, the police are in no position to make that determination.

Your landlord is accommodating you....drop the RACIST card FAST * VA was first state to have a BLACK governor who is NOW the mayor of Richmond....and the nation has a half black president....move on

odujones

well the manager at the lease office said" if we move somebody in thats not the same as her in your apartment we are just gonna have trouble again" also when she called the police and a black officer showed up she would not come out side, as soon as a white officer showed up she was outside complaining to them.

And what does a black mayor and president gotta do with the lady downstairs???

And do you see how the treat our new president "you lied" lol the really respect him especially the nice cartoons they pass around in their emails of him

Alaska landlord

Yes, we saw. Sort of like the cartoon about Bush, the booing in congress, the movies on the killing of Bush, the late night shows depicting him as a buffoon. I guess a racist would conclude it was because he was white. Obama did lie. Illegal aliens will be made citizens and incorporated into the Obama heath plan. Democrats have refused to legislate that citizenship must be proved before being treated. Existing laws do not permit anyone from being turned away from treatment at hospitals.

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

Yes, we saw. Sort of like the cartoon about Bush, the booing in congress, the movies on the killing of Bush, the late night shows depicting him as a buffoon. I guess a racist would conclude it was because he was white. Obama did lie. Illegal aliens will be made citizens and incorporated into the Obama heath plan. Democrats have refused to legislate that citizenship must be proved before being treated. Existing laws do not permit anyone from being treated at hospitals.
OH MY GOD NOOO!!! Seriously? Pleasse say you are kidding.

Cvillecpm

There are racist EVERYWHERE * including in the White House NOW!!!

I now suspect your attitude has more to do with your neighbor's actions/reactions than your or her color.

Mgmt/LL is is being overly generous to allow you to move......you are getting what you want. If you don't want to move and pay the additional $90, then don't and stay where you are....

phase08

well the manager at the lease office said" if we move somebody in thats not the same as her in your apartment we are just gonna have trouble again" also when she called the police and a black officer showed up she would not come out side, as soon as a white officer showed up she was outside complaining to them.

And what does a black mayor and president gotta do with the lady downstairs???

And do you see how the treat our new president "you lied" lol the really respect him especially the nice cartoons they pass around in their emails of him
You still have not answered the question I asked you - specifically, what evidence do you have that she is racist? All you have done is recite vague insinuations which frankly don't make a lot of sense.Apparently none, otherwise you would be shouting it from the rooftop.

Anyway, I have some free time so I'll go ahead and address a few things you said/asked.

I have no idea who "they" are.
Yes, I saw the news story about a senator who said "You lied" to President Obama. So what? And, what does that have to do with your situation?

Are you aware that a whole lot of white people voted for Obama? THAT is why he won the election.

Black mayor? :confused: What the heck are your talking about? And what is the relevance to your situation?

Alaska, you forgot the shoe-throwing incident.

When the statement was made about 'moving in people like you' maybe she meany NOISY people.

odujones, this is getting a bit silly. :rolleyes: LL sent neighbor a letter telling her to stop harassing you, you're moving to a new place. What else do you want?

Last edited:

Alaska landlord

I also forgot to mention the President Bush arranged for the blowing up of the world trade center killing close to 3000 Americans, was accused of torturing prisoners, and that members of congress actively try to sabotage the efforts of Bush’s administration in the Iraq and Afghanistan. And yet for as stupid as certain people made him out to be, he managed to steal the election twice.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">