• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

received vacate notice with 5 days to move...need help...single mother of 3 and broke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iowaredhed

:( I am a single mother of 3 small children living in Davenport Iowa...today I received a letter to vacate this building from the City Inspectors. My Property owners were given from October 17th till December 19th to fix this problem and during this whole time I was never given any notices that there was even an issue with the furnaces. I am a full time Student, employed full time and am a full time mom. I do not have time or money, or even a place to move to in 5 days...It says I will be fined if I am not vacated by January 14th in which it is now January 9th...or close to anyways. I am so scared, where can I go for help. Im not one to usually ask for help...but in this case I have no other choice I think. I live payday to payday like most in this world and I have no money to move. Please help me soon. I will try anything. Advice Please I am begging
Scared mother in Iowa

H

happy&lucky

I would call the newspapers and tv stations tomorrow see if you can get one of their reporters to help.

Also GET ON THE PHONE with the childrens DAD's and his family and see if they can fed ex some money tomorrow......

that would be disgraceful if the father and his family refused to kick in some $$$$

And your parents brothers sisters

Thats what families are for.......

Last edited:

Cvillecpm

Ignore "happy"....take City notice and go to your City councilperson and local social services for "emergency" aid. There are grants, etc for this type of situation. The media will get you sympathy but no way to house, feed your kids.

call a few churches, sometimes the ministerial association has money or even emergency housing set up for emergencies like this. DO NOT BE TOO PROUD to ask for help, this was out of your control. good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">