• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relationship end but ex refuses to leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dplante

I just broke up with my boyfriend and want him out of my house. He is refusing to leave and states he is a tenant. We have never had an agreement written down. He's stayed here for 8 months at least and only paid money for the last 4 months since moving his stuff in. How can I make him move? He is being manipulative and causing problems with my children.

justalayman

You must provide proper notice as your unnamed state require of a landlord and if he refuses to leave after that time, you must file an unlawful detainer action in the courts and seek to have him evicted.

FarmerJ

Why did you not include what state you live in ? do you understand that the answer depends on what state in the USA you live in ? there are 50 sets of answers since theres 50 sets of state laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">