• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renewal Notice from Landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenabsher

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi, Oct. 21st I received a notice of what my new rent would be if I decide to renew my lease, and that I have to give 60 days notice. Normally, this wouldn't be a proplem, but for me to give 60 days means giving notice Oct 31st. I got 10 days notice that I have to give 60 days notice. I was informed by another apt complex that I should have gotten 30 days notice. Is there a requirement of how much notice the landlord has to give me to give them notice??? :confused:

BL

jenabsher said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi, Oct. 21st I received a notice of what my new rent would be if I decide to renew my lease, and that I have to give 60 days notice. Normally, this wouldn't be a proplem, but for me to give 60 days means giving notice Oct 31st. I got 10 days notice that I have to give 60 days notice. I was informed by another apt complex that I should have gotten 30 days notice. Is there a requirement of how much notice the landlord has to give me to give them notice??? :confused:
You may be confusing your Lease notification renewal requirement , with rent increase notification .

The LL may be letting you know ( if your lease requires 60 days notice ) ahead of that time , that if you chose to renew , the rent will increase .

Heck you got 60 days notice , so what's the Buiss. About ?

You don't expect the LL to notify you of a rent increase after you sign a New Lease do you ?

jenabsher said:
I got 10 days notice that I have to give 60 days notice. I was informed by another apt complex that I should have gotten 30 days notice. Is there a requirement of how much notice the landlord has to give me to give them notice??? :confused:
Ah yes, the required notice to give you notice to give notice. The landlord must give you 30 days notice of a future notice of your duty to give notice. However, you must first give 30 days notice of your desire to receive the notice to receive notice to give notice. Otherwise, the landlord is not required to notify you of the intention to give you notice of your duty to give notices. If you fail to give proper notice of your desire to receive notices warning you of your failure to notify landlord about your desire to receive notices about notices and the right to be notified about your right to give notice to receive notices to give notic35fch()@*#(rhfrnW0E5

longneck

jenabsher said:
Is there a requirement of how much notice the landlord has to give me to give them notice??? :confused:
nope. but you already know that you had 60 days to decide to renew your lease or not . . . because it's in the lease YOU signed!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">