• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rent Amount deduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Julie2880

What is the name of your state? New York
my question is, My landlord is moving we rent a space in the building for $3500.00 a month he has asked us to take care of the building which would include collecting rent from the four apartments that are above us, and any building maint. that should arise. Is there a fair amount that we could ask be deducted from our rent for taking on this responsibility?
Thank you for your help. julie

FarmerJ

Julie how many hours a month do you think its going to take ? hint go ask others who are building caretakers what kind of compensation they get .

BL

He is asking you to pay for Build. Maintainance , or just to employ you ?

At any rate , if it's just to employ you , charge by the job , and ask for superviser wages .

Julie2880

Im sorry we rent the space for our restaurant, so it would be just to supervise/maintain the building inside and out, With hiring professionals for what ever is needed by the other tenants, and charge it to the landlord and also collecting the rent each month and depositing for him. I Thank you for your reply.

BL

If I were you I wouldn't agree to hire anyone . You pass along the info. for repairs and have it billed to the owner / LL , if that makes sense . But you're entitled to compensation , I agree .

Why can't the tenants contact the LL directly about repairs ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">