• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rent Arrears payment of

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phillbee

My wife is in arrears with the rent on her home. She has every intention in paying the arrears on her rent. Her landlord has asked for the payment of the rent and arrears in full within 10 days or face eviction. If my wife pays her current rent, and an amount toward her arrears, but not the arrears in full, to her landlords agent, or staff, and that is accepted by them, can her landlord carry out the threat to evict her? My wife lives in AK

R

renter3

OH absolutely why should a landlord put up with such a deadbeat as your wife

And even better is she is that dumb she will pay the rent to the landlord after he files for eviction and wont be bright enough to read the legal papers.

Then when there is a court date and she doesnt show up, within 3 days or so a marshall or sherriff will toss her lazy asssss out on the cold alaska streets.

You see man....THIS is where Family Values come in, She has NONE or she would ask YOU or her parents or YOUR parents for the rent money, but NO she EXPECTS the landlord to loan her money.

That is really low.

FarmerJ

if your wife isnt able to settle this and this goes into eviction thru the courts in many places those court records are avail to the public and many landlords do check them or use tenant screening services . Up where I live its considered Normal to search for unlawful detainer history of a prospective renter , and it is a reason to reject a prospective tenant in many states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">