• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedstudent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

We signed a lease two days ago for a rental property. After signing, the landlord came and demanded that he would need another months rent on top of the 1st and security. We were so upset that we left without getting a copy of the lease.

Is there some way that we can cancel the lease now that it is signed? I know that he can now write the change onto the paper and say that we signed it like that. Do I need to get a lawyer or am I basically held to the lease now?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Cvillecpm

Write landlord and advise him you want a copy before you move in....no copy, no move in and if he does not return your $$$, sue him in small claims

ecmst12

He can't change the agreement after you've signed it. If what you've paid him is no longer sufficient for him, then tell him to return your money and release you from the lease - IN WRITING. If he doesn't want to let you out of your lease, he can't NOW force you to pay an additional deposit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">