• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

renters rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cazie

renter please help

here's a question from california. my roommate is leaving me no choice but to move out he is not on the month to month lease. he has not been paying rent and is not cooperative. i have asked him to leave he says he will when he can and so he has been here for 2 years and now i might not be able to go back to work on monday because i am in deep pain. the cops said i had to give my roommate and landlord 30 day notice. what if he doesn't move after 30 days? can i get sued? i don't want any trouble so i am not evicting him myself.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Good luck. You should have realized that if you could not evict him yourself for 2 years. What makes you think he will listen to you now?

D

DECEMBERSGIRL

FIRST AND FOREMOST DO NOT TAKE TO HEART MOST OF WHAT YOU READ ON THIS BOARD I POSTED FOR HELP AND GOT THE SAME SARCASTIC ANSWER YOU PREVIOUSLY DID. ANYWAY YOU DO HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM I WOULD CALL THE LANDLORD TENANT DIVISION IN YOUR AREA AND FIND OUT WHAT STEPS YOU CAN TAKE. IF THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NOTHING YOU CAN DO THEN YOU MIGHT JUST WANT TO PACK IT IN AND MOVE YOURSELF THIS CASE SOUNDS LIKE IT IS MORE TROUBLE THEN WHAT IT IS WORTH.
P.S. AGAIN YOU SPREAD YOUR CRAP FAR AND DEEP DONT YA?
BUT ALL YOU DO IS MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIK AN IDIOT, IF YOUR OFENDED THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ADVICE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO GIVE IT CUZ IT REALLY AINT THAT GOOD ANYWAY

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">