• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request Tenant Move Within Office Building

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cw001

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MO
I own a commercial office building with several tenants and many office spaces. I would like to ask that one of my long-time rentors move their office space within my property (from front office space to side office space). No change in size, no change in rent. I just need them to move so that I may have that space available to paint and clean and rent to potential new businesses that would desire that location within the building. The business currently in there does not require "foot traffic" or do a retail business with the public. So, building front space does not effect their business, per say. I would prefer to have it open to a company that needs and desires to be "seen". Do I have a right to request that they move their space? How would I go about this?

HomeGuru

cw001 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MO
I own a commercial office building with several tenants and many office spaces. I would like to ask that one of my long-time rentors move their office space within my property (from front office space to side office space). No change in size, no change in rent. I just need them to move so that I may have that space available to paint and clean and rent to potential new businesses that would desire that location within the building. The business currently in there does not require "foot traffic" or do a retail business with the public. So, building front space does not effect their business, per say. I would prefer to have it open to a company that needs and desires to be "seen". Do I have a right to request that they move their space?

**A: yes you do, and the tenant who is on a fixed lease has the right to say NO THANKS.
How would I go about this?
**A: cash talks.

Gadfly

Regrdless of what YOU think his business needs are, he may see it differently.

I think he'd be a fool to move to a less visable location.

HOWEVER YOU have already indicated that there is a difference to tennants in the value of the space based on location, so don't expect him to be happy with moving and paying the same rent. Also be prepared to pay for all the cost of moving him. (Phone, computer network, furnature, etc) and maybe even compensate him for time.

This needs to be really worth it for you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">