• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Required to do final walk through of apartment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zachj7

Hello.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I signed a lease for an apartment a year ago. Each roommate has their own lease and its a college apartment living style. They moved me into a apartment where smokers were present despite that I asked them to be in a non smoker apartment. A few days later, I requested that they move me into an apartment with non smokers. They "waived" their fee to do this. The apartment they moved me in was non smoking but it was very dirty so I cleaned the place. They say that I filled out a "as is" statement though I am still trying to figure this out because my files are in a collection agency now. I may have filled this out. I cleaned the place and left at the end of my lease. I asked the office if they needed to do a walk through with me and they said no so I turned in my keys and left. A few months later I have 60 dollars I didn't pay and got a call from a collection agency about it. They said they cleaned the carpets, painted the wall, and fixed the blinds. I never put down a security deposit. So my question is whether they are required to do a walk through with me present before I move out instead of just giving them the keys? I could not find this information in the landlord tenant act. The only in writing I have is when i was moving from the smoking to the non smoking apartment.

Thank you very much in advanced for any advice you can give.

Zach

Gail in Georgia

Is a Walk Through Inspection Required in Oklahoma?

No. In Oklahoma, landlords do not have to perform a walk through inspection prior to tenant move-out.

Gail

Just Blue

Is a Walk Through Inspection Required in Oklahoma?

No. In Oklahoma, landlords do not have to perform a walk through inspection prior to tenant move-out.

Gail
JUst to add to this:

In any state a tenant is wise to video every room condition at the time they move out. Also to video every room on the day they move in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">