• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retalitory eviction/harassment from landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chillz87

What is the name of your state? pa

i will try to make this as short as possible. we have lived in our apartment for about 3 years, 1 tenant below us, 2 in a house beside us then the landlords house well we notified him that our steps out of our unit were covered in moss and asked for slip protection nothing provided well after about 2 years of living here my pregnant fiancee fell down those steps and suffered injuries so we notified him the same day oct/30/06 was fall date well after a number of doctors visits and physical therapy sessions we contacted the health department about the condition of steps and other things and got a lawyer well we he got the notices from the health department and the lawyer he is now going for eviction saying undesirable tenant and we have also used his steps in the front of the house as access to the street because ours from the property to the street are destroyed so we used his as directed well now we cant for he says he will have us arrested for tresspassing so now cant take garbage out either also is verbaly abusing the fiancee now i am leased out until 1/16/08 and current on rent and never had police or complaints for anything on us any advice would be great or more info needed let me know

BL

i will try to make this as short as possible. we have lived in our apartment for about 3 years, 1 tenant below us, 2 in a house beside us then the landlords house well we notified him that our steps out of our unit were covered in moss and asked for slip protection nothing provided well after about 2 years of living here my pregnant fiancee fell down those steps and suffered injuries so we notified him the same day oct/30/06 was fall date well after a number of doctors visits and physical therapy sessions we contacted the health department about the condition of steps and other things and got a lawyer well we he got the notices from the health department and the lawyer he is now going for eviction saying undesirable tenant and we have also used his steps in the front of the house as access to the street because ours from the property to the street are destroyed so we used his as directed well now we cant for he says he will have us arrested for tresspassing so now cant take garbage out either also is verbaly abusing the fiancee now i am leased out until 1/16/08 and current on rent and never had police or complaints for anything on us any advice would be great or more info needed let me know
What does the letter from the health dept. state about the condition of the steps ?

Did you send the LL a request for repair as your state requires ?

Why didn't you also contact the Property Code Enforcement Office to do an inspection and if need be cite the LL for it ?

If the front stairs do not go into your LL's Apt ( just access yours ) , use them .

If he calls the cops explain the situation and show him the steps that can not be used .

Better call code enforcement , and possibly consult with a LL/Tenant Attorney in your area .

LindaP777

I am fascinated that there are only 1 period in that entire post. That has got to be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen! CONGRATS!

Aah . . . now, what was the question???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">