• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights concerning days of notice required to kick out an adult sibling from home...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

surfergirl33

What is the name of your state? California

My mother is 50 yrs old and has been living with her parents for over ten years, with their permission of course. As they have been getting older she has taken care of the house, cooking and also tended to many of their medical needs. My grandmother is now in need of full time care. The rest of the siblings have gotten together and found someone to come give live in care. They are now telling my mother that she has 3 days to get out of the house, even when requesting more time to find a place, they refuse. They know she has no where to go. My Grandfather doesnt want to see this happen either. Do they have a right to kick her out with out any notice at all? She is willing to leave, but would like to have time to find another place. Also, as a side note - she suffers from a high level of dyslexia so they think they can take advantage of her, because she isn't smart enough to fight against them. Please let me know what her rights are as a long term resident there.
Thank you.

Stressing Daughter

H

hexeliebe

How competent are your grandparents? If they are competent then they should be telling their other children that your mother will leave when she has found a place and to butt out.

Also, if one of the siblings does not have a power of attorney, is not on the deed or is not the legal reqprentative of the grandparents, tell them to piss off. They have no legal standing to demand anything.

2trusting2

Please let me know what her rights are as a long term resident there.
Is anyone going to give her an actual ANSWER, or just make jokes?

:confused:

I believe she asked what her mothers RIGHTS are. NOT "what are different hypethetical situations you can amuse yourselves with using my poor moms situation?"

What if the G'parents AREN'T competent?
My grandmother is now in need of full time care.
What if a sibling DOES have Power of Atty? What if...........????????

Please let me know what her rights are as a long term resident there.
Geez. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry surfergirl. I guess we Californians are the only ones left with any compassion (and need for legal info!). Whodathunk? :cool:

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

2trusting2, shouldn't you be dealing with your own bull$hit instead of showing your ignorance?

I gave this poster the only LEGAL advice that is relevant. And it's the same as she will get from a $200 attorney.

Also, if one of the siblings does not have a power of attorney, is not on the deed or is not the legal reqprentative of the grandparents, tell them to piss off. They have no legal standing to demand anything.
Without knowing these answers no competent attorney will tell her what to do. Know why? Because they won't know without the facts.

Not like you who comes here and gives out plattitudes without a clue of what the legal landscape looks like....

Maybe that's why you're in the mess you are.

2trusting2

Geez

You still haven't answered her question.

She asked you what the womans RIGHTS are. NOT "what to do."

How can she know 'what' to do before she knows what parameters she's limited to? In other words, what she can and cannot do. Basic.

She stated the siblings gave her mother 3 days to move. Could that have been a "3 Day Notice" from one of the siblings who possesses POA? Can she still tell that sibling to "piss off"?

Her rights are her rights. Most of those you can find printed in these things called 'books' which, hex, are used to educate students in a place called "Law School." Ever hear of it?

She comes across as intelligent individual. I'm quite sure she'll figure out 'what to do' once she speaks with a 'competant' attorney, which, obviously, hasn't happend yet.

:rolleyes:

p.s. Good luck S'girl with your mom.

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

Because 2stupid, without an answer to the questions I asked, no amount of advice will or could be competent.

Now, why don't you go an tell this person what to do? could it be because you don't know.

Well, surprise, without the answers to the questions I asked I can't tell her either. Because, unlike you, I won't give her a kneejerk answer that, based on the answers to the questions I posed, could be wrong.

Wake up and get your head out of your butt. This issue is not based on what the poster said. It's going to be based on what she didn't say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">