• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights when renting a room..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geneva2674@yaho

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a few questions. I am renting a room in someone's home and would like to know my rights. I was recently told by a co-worker that this is illegal in our county(broward). The landlord and I entered into a good faith agreement. We did not draw up a lease, I agreed to pay him a set amount every two weeks. There is nothing in writing as to late payments, repairs or anything of the sort.

What are my rights and what are his.. I am thinking about moving because the owner is trying to be manipulative. Please help..

Who's Liable?

Your room is considered your "domain"... LL cannot enter without getting PROPER notice, usually 24hrs. notice.

You will need to verify with your states LL/T laws for your county regarding room tenant rentals. Some states have certain criteria, and most have different vacate timelines.

In regards to repairs, etc. you are automatically protected under your states LL/T laws and are afforded every protection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">