• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roach problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rolandr1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I am renting a house that is infested with roaches, and the landlord is refusing to pay for an exterminator. Does he have a legal obligation to take care of this problem? Could this be a reason to get out of the lease early?

Hot Topic

An exterminator is not necessarily going to get rid of the roaches. They haven't been around so long because they didn't know how to get away from bug bombs and sprays. What you need is a product that will not only kill the adults, it will kill their eggs.

I assume that you keep food in airtight containers and sweep up every crumb. Your garbage containers should be sealed. The drain in your sink should be covered.

It's possible for tenants to bring roaches with them from their former address.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I am renting a house that is infested with roaches, and the landlord is refusing to pay for an exterminator. Does he have a legal obligation to take care of this problem? Could this be a reason to get out of the lease early?

You don't give details .

Such as , How long have you lived there ?

Was there signs of an infestation when you viewed the home ?

Was there an infestation when you moved in ?

At what point ( days/months wise did you notice an infestation ?

There is a product out there ( forget the name ) . It's crystallized and can be sprayed throughout the entire property . Tenant will have to leave for about an hour or so during the extermination .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">