• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roaches from neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shiloh4337

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I have been living in my apartment for over 5 years and have never had a roach problem here or anywhere else that I have lived. I recently got new neighbors in the apartment directly beneath me and within a few months have started having a roach problem. The building manager sprayed and said he would also spray the apartment below and for about 10 days I didn't have an issue. However, the roaches are back and I'm wondering if there is any chance I can get out of my lease early due to this problem if it's not corrected soon. Thank you.

Last edited:

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I have been living in my apartment for over 5 years and have never had a roach problem here or anywhere else that I have lived. I recently got new neighbors in the apartment directly beneath me and within a few months have started having a roach problem. The building manager sprayed and said he would also spray the apartment below and for about 10 days I didn't have an issue. However, the roaches are back and I'm wondering if there is any chance I can get out of my lease early due to this problem if it's not corrected soon. Thank you.
Let the manager know, in writing, that the problem is not resolved.

It's unlikely that you can get out of your lease if management is making a good faith effort to rectify the situation.....which it appears they are.

FarmerJ

Many roach treatments work like this, spray and kill X number of them , spray second time more are killed reducing the population by X , spray again to get a few more of them ( now breeding population of them is greatly reduced) spray again and any babies that hatched should die too , spray again and the stubborn ones that hid real well begin to die. (it can take a while to get them gone) but you have to allow your landlord to deal with this and at this point its not a reason to be able to end your lease early with no penalty to you, SO send your LL certified mail letter telling them your still seeing them , then go to your nearest URBAN hardware store, not a big box place and tell them what has happened and that you want to buy ( its a gel product ) a roach killing product you can apply your self to all the cracks and crevices that will work for a while and also get some roach motels so you are able to monitor roach traffic/ population. Do keep on your landlord though since the LL has to do the other half of the house and if the LL cant or wont then use certified letters and if you must city housing inspections as part of your paper trail about this problem.

BL

They are exterminating our build. will be moving tomorrow. Anyways after leaving for an hr. 1/2 They use mask and spray chemicals . I still seen a few ,they came back and just sprayed around . Ya know what they say ? be a squeaky Wheel. Meaning keep complaing . I once live in a 4 unit ,new tenant brought in roaches. LL said to me what are you filthy ? No I'm not.

Don't let them bluff you ..

I was a squeaky wheel now they are doing the whole build. again.

Just to note: they went from whole buid to individual units, Which is ridiculous they must have heard me calling . LOL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">