• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roommate with a biting dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Texasdarlin

I live in Texas. Moved in with an attorney in May. She had one large dog, which the provisions of our lease allowed, although the lease stipulates only one dog. Her dog was hit by a car and killed. She began participating in a rescue effort for dogs and is currently fostering a 110 lb weimeraner. The dog, since moving in with us has bitten 3 people and I see no end. I recently got a new puppy. Roommate and I had a verbal agreement that the foster dog would leave when the new dog moved in, hasn't happened. Big dog bit someone else last night and I want to know: do I have any legal recourse against my roommate? I would like to just terminate my portion of the lease and move out, but we do have a one year lease with our landlord.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">