• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate damaging our belongings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amcnemar12

This is the message to my post about roommates and my belongings

We live in San Diego and got us a military roommate. He was really organized and clean until he got himself a girlfriend who has a two year old kid. We moved to a three bedroom one and a half bathroom and things got really messy with them. They started leaving food and mess everywhere. i'm talking about toys, play doughs, there would be under wear in the kitchen, in the bathroom, socks in the bathroom sink, we even found a gum there. Like it was really bad that if you entered the house it would smell. The food would be left out for days to the point flies would be swarming all over it and rotten fruits everywhere, they don't clean up after themselves(they do but not most the time), we got a third roommate and both of us would be cleaning after them and their two year old kid. We've had enough so we stopped and we confronted them. He started cussing and yelling at me on the phone and saying I should stop bitching and grow some skin. I'm not even bitching about it when i'm just asking them for some respect and to pick up after them and their kid. They are always loud when everybody else is sleeping. And now that we are staying at a hotel for some time because we got into a really big fight I'm scared that he will go around the house and break our stuff. Is there anything I can do if ever he does?

justalayman

If he breaks your property you could report it to the police and/or make a demand for
The value of the damaged property and sue him if he refuses to pay the demand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">