• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate dangerous, can landlord evict us both?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trapped girl

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My roommate is a drunk, disabled the fire alarma & has started several fires, which were all put out before major damage was done. He harrasses my friend at home and hasn't worked in over a month. He's always drunk and always home, and follows me around. All the bills are in my name. I can't get a restraining order because we are not having "sexual relations", and the landlord won't evict him because they're friends. He (landlord) says if we can't work it out he'll evict us both. Can he do that? I can't afford to move and I don't feel safe at home. Any info will help.

HomeGuru

trapped girl said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

My roommate is a drunk, disabled the fire alarma & has started several fires, which were all put out before major damage was done. He harrasses my friend at home and hasn't worked in over a month. He's always drunk and always home, and follows me around. All the bills are in my name. I can't get a restraining order because we are not having "sexual relations"

**A: then have a quickie when he is really really drunk so you can file a restaining order. Or just tell him you two did it and he was so drunk he don't remember.

and the landlord won't evict him because they're friends. He (landlord) says if we can't work it out he'll evict us both. Can he do that?

**A: of course he can.

I can't afford to move and I don't feel safe at home. Any info will help.

**A: you need to move outta there fast.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">