• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roommate won't let me out of lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NikCA

I have recently been offered a job in Texas but my lease for my apt in NC has not run out yet. My roommate originally had no problem with me moving and she was going to find someone to take my place. Now that it is time for me to go she will not releaSE my name from the lease. Is there any way that the lease can be broken without me being penalized. I thought that moving because of a job was terms to be let out of the lease. I don't want to screw any one over. I just want my name to be off of the lease because I am moving to another state. Another question???? What will happen if my name remains on the lease and I don't pay the rent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">