• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Satellite Dish

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harent

What is the name of your state? Illinios
I am currently emabattled with Landlord on having a Satellite. He is refusing to let me put up a dish and has let another tenant put up a dish at the end of our six unit town house building. HE wants there to be only one dish on the building. The other tenants is using a different provider than the one I had chosen. What are my options and rights to this matter?

HomeGuru

Refer to the 1996 Federal Communications Commission ruling titled Over-The-Air-Reception Devices Rule. The ruling prohibits any restictions that impair the installation, maintenence or use of antennas or satellite dishes used to receive TV programming.

C

CA. Landlady

The landlord can make certain restrictions and have guidelines such as size of the dish, where it can placed, and not be affixed.

Last edited:

FarmerJ

Hint If the line up with satelite dish is good on the ground and LL gives consent to place it on post in ground then there is no damage to roof /sidewalls from screws & brackets and post can be pulled out easily in the future .

facerw

Can the building manager or landlord be sued under the FCC if they wish to charge $300 to use my own satellite receivers on their property?

JETX

facerw said:
Can the building manager or landlord be sued under the FCC if they wish to charge $300 to use my own satellite receivers on their property?
You mean you resurrected a thread that has been dead for almost three YEARS to ask this?? Especially since you have scattered this crap on several forums.
Start your own thread!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">