• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

saturday showing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corset

What is the name of your state? Pa
good morning everyone
yesterday while at work the landlord typed to the front door stating that there would be a showing of the said property between 1:30 and 300, (this is a continuation of the problems that have occurred here since november 5,2002.) Landlord than went over to next door neighbors inquiring where about of husband, husband has been activated as of tuesday 2003, courts also notified. according to the sailors and soliders act of 1940 there is a statement written bold letters that NO SALE FORECLOSURE OR PROPERTY BE TAKEN.
Can I petition the courts to protect my family from distress, she is knownly continue to cause this family distress and now has gone over to the neighbors inquiring.
also according to the sailors and soliders act of 1940. THE military person must be available to answer the courts., husband will be half across the world when the september 3, 2003 court date occurs.
thanks

abezon

She gave you notice, you can't complain. It's perfectly reasonable to show the place on Saturday. She can sell it to a new owner, but the new owner will also be subject to the SSR Act. Talk to JAG again.

corset

thanks,,
I have no complaints about the showing
just the fact that the soliders and sailors act in bold letter states that selling is prohibited, unless the landlord request the courts to evict us. and than it also states that no legal action can take place while the person is serving his/her country.

F

franklin2003

I would say let her sell the house, the new owner must accept you as a tenant until your court date.

Then the NEW owner wont be able to evict you either because your husband is in active duty.

Now maybe a good time to think about moving out.

And asking in a Nice way, to give you say $2500 or more, for moving expenses security deposit aggriavtion etc. and you will drop the appeal.

In other words let them buy you out....and be done with it.

corset

omg wow
thank you so very much
money talk... :)
when these people walk through they will see my husband gear in the livingroom, if they ask shall i tell them he is activated? or let the seller and her respresentatives tell them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">