• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

security cameras

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suziq

Security cameras have recently been put up at my apt complex. They are not watching the parking lot, rather they are pointed towards stairwells and one is directly pointed at a tenants door. If they open their blinds, you would be able to see into the apartment. If you know the laws concerning this, especially ones in texas, please let me know. I think this may be a violation of privacy, but am not sure. Thanks for all your help.

suziq

L

LL

There's nothing wrong with it.

Would you be as quick to sue the landlord if they didn't do anything to promote security?

OHRoadwarrior

The camera will not see anything anyone else would not see by walking by. I suggest you limit streaking and sex in the living room, if the blinds are open.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">