• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

security deposit in escrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JNolen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA
I set up an escrow account for a tenants security deposit requiring the signature of both the Landlord and the Tenant. The Tenant has now purhased the house and the security deposit was used for the last months rent. When I went to the the bank to close this account they needed the tenant to come in to sign in order to release the money. The tenant lives 6 hours away. Per the banks instruction, I sent him a letter with a deposit slip and requested he sign and send a copy of his drivers license. Two phone calls later and still no response. What else can I do?

HomeGuru

JNolen said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA
I set up an escrow account for a tenants security deposit requiring the signature of both the Landlord and the Tenant. The Tenant has now purhased the house and the security deposit was used for the last months rent. When I went to the the bank to close this account they needed the tenant to come in to sign in order to release the money. The tenant lives 6 hours away. Per the banks instruction, I sent him a letter with a deposit slip and requested he sign and send a copy of his drivers license. Two phone calls later and still no response. What else can I do?

**A: and what did the bank tell you when you asked them?

J

JNolen

The bank refuses to release the money without his signature. My last contact was with the bank manager.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">