• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Deposit -- Move In Inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MA_tenant

What is the name of your state? MA

Hi, I have moved to an Apartment about 2 months back. During move in, the property manager made us sign a sheet which says Inspection Form but it does not have any details (like Bedroom, Kitchen etc). It says the condition of premises is Good. When I argued that we should sign it after a walkthrough, she mentioned that those issues can be noted in the detailed Move-In Checklist.
I found a couple of issues, prepared a move-in checklist myself, got it witnessed by a friend of mine and gave it to her the next day. After about 2 days, she gave me a printed Move In checklist which I filled up (same items as I mentioned in my move in sheet) and returned her. She returned me a copy for my records but did not sign it.
I have also taken pictures but got about a month late in gotting those printed.

I am apprehensive because she did not sign the detailed Move In Checklist. Should I take any steps now? It has been 2 months that we have moved in

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">