• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

security deposit to tenant...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gretch71

Extremely important! PLEASE help! What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hello. I am in Simi Valley CA and I have a money order for the security to give back to my ex-roommate from hell. Tomorrow the 21st marks the 21 day period in which under CA law I have to give it back to her. Due to many problems with her, too long to list, I told her she'd have to wait til the last day to get it back. I was planning on sending it certified to her overnight today to arrive at the address given for tomorrow delivery. My question is, to save over 35 bucks to send it, can I send it certified regular mail knowing the date is stamped today or even tomorrow does that still qualify as being on time or can she dispute it as being late?

Last edited:

FarmerJ

If it is post marked the 21 that should be fine! If you send it certified then keep your reciept , IF it comes back to you as not picked up then DO not open it. Keep it closed and in original condition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">