• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sending proper notice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mcdoogle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I sent tenants a rent renewal form timely in 2013. They did not return it. They are still there.
They are a big headache and I want to get them out. I sent a 15 day termination because I believe they are month to month. Plus, if they think they have a lease it would have been for two years and would require a notary. Was my action correct? These are deceitful, sneaky people. I am a long distance landlord and know I'll probably need an attorney if they won't cooperate.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I sent tenants a rent renewal form timely in 2013. They did not return it. They are still there.
They are a big headache and I want to get them out. I sent a 15 day termination because I believe they are month to month. Plus, if they think they have a lease it would have been for two years and would require a notary. Was my action correct? These are deceitful, sneaky people. I am a long distance landlord and know I'll probably need an attorney if they won't cooperate.
I would suggest that you hire a reputable professional property manager.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hard to find. Two told me they won't inherit a problem, another tried and became worried for their well being. Thanks.
Then an attorney may be a good bet. If they are "difficult", then you're not going to be able to do this long distance (and they know it.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">