• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shopping center only terminating my Lease!!!! Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dilavla

What is the name of your state? GA

I had typed a whole thread and the stupid log in thing erased it all, so let me type this before it logs me off automatically.

Business is a dry cleaners in a shopping center, its been there 25 years and with us for about 8 years. Past 2 years were on month to month lease before that we had a 6 year lease that wasn't renewed by the LL at the end of the term.

Now the Shopping center is sold to the new owner, which gave us the notice to move out in 60 days. And we were the ONLY ONE given this notice. All the rent is paid on time and we stayed here while everyone was leaving because of no long term lease.

The shopping center has about 6 store left and this holds about 40 tenants.

After inquiring the new owner about the termination i was told that they need the end spot, where the dry cleaners is, for someone that will pay them almost 7 times more money than us. And also told me that if we are willing to pay $7000 dollars a month he will renew the lease.

LL is also Muslim and my family is Hindu. And he might be doing this because he just want to. Hindu and Muslim people usally dont' get along.

What are my options? Anyway i can fight it and how many days do i have?

Dry Cleaner at the current location is paid off and moving it cost fortune. Moving is not a option cost around $35,000.

The month to month lease is signed with the pervious owner, with the new owner we haven't signed the month to month for thim yet.

All the help i get will be great thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">