• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Showing unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jac11h

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My landlord put a notice on our door saying starting in 48 hours our home we are renting can be entered and shown to potential renters every Monday Wednesday and Friday from 2-6pm. They also require our dog be Putin his kennel during these times. Can they really require 12 hours out of the week to show the house for the next 7-8 months of our lease? I start work at 11 am and don't want to have to put dog my dog in the crate all day for a possibility of the house being shown. They are not friendly and we have had problems with them in the past. Thanks for advice.

TigerD

Tell him "No".

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0000-0099/0083/Sections/0083.53.html

VinFL

The key portion of the statutes that TigerD pointed you are what would be considered "reasonable" times. What is reasonable can sometimes be considered subjective, but for most people, asking a tenant to be prepared for showings for several hours of time three days a week for months on end is very unreasonable...especially when the lease requires that you kennel your dog.

When you tell him "No", I do suggest you do it in the form of a friendly note stating that asking you to allow blanket showings three days a week is just too disruptive and you should discuss a more "reasonable" solution for them and you.

Don't let them strong arm you. You do have rights, but don't be unreasonable yourself since they do need to rerent the home.

LdiJ

The key portion of the statutes that TigerD pointed you are what would be considered "reasonable" times. What is reasonable can sometimes be considered subjective, but for most people, asking a tenant to be prepared for showings for several hours of time three days a week for months on end is very unreasonable...especially when the lease requires that you kennel your dog.

When you tell him "No", I do suggest you do it in the form of a friendly note stating that asking you to allow blanket showings three days a week is just too disruptive and you should discuss a more "reasonable" solution for them and you.

Don't let them strong arm you. You do have rights, but don't be unreasonable yourself since they do need to rerent the home.
I doubt this has anything to do with re-renting. Who looks at a rental 7-8 months before they need one? I suspect this is about selling the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">