• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slum Lord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

feather1

What is the name of your state?Have a slum Lord that dose not give a care. I moved in Jan 1,2005 gotten robbed on Jan 6th 2005 when I was work. made police report and gotten robbed again. The robbers broke through the BAR on the house and brook the window. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THAT REPAIR. I have a three year old and husband. The ceiling fell on my husband doing the raining season last year. It took 4 weeks to look at the ceiling. He came and put a piece of board on ceiling. I'm paying $1400.00 monthly that's to much for a DUMP. Theres more but I'll leave itat that. I have rported him to the county Health Dept. That's a joke he has not done anything that I reported. OK, I got one more he painted the bath tub and when my family take a bath or shower the paint is also taking a bath (floating around in water) and I have a three year old. He is now evicting me and my lease is up Dec 31st. He's mad about the health Dept. Yes I have been late on my rent and I make sure I pay my rent. Why should I pay for a Dump and the landlord is not going to fix it. How does that work??? I need HELP. What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, CA

south

What has being robbed got to do with the landlord?
What did he paint the bath with?
As long as the home is habitable you need to pay your rent... Start a paper trail for the requests for fixing ceilings etc.

feather1 said:
What is the name of your state?Have a slum Lord that dose not give a care. I moved in Jan 1,2005 gotten robbed on Jan 6th 2005 when I was work. made police report and gotten robbed again. The robbers broke through the BAR on the house and brook the window. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THAT REPAIR. I have a three year old and husband. The ceiling fell on my husband doing the raining season last year. It took 4 weeks to look at the ceiling. He came and put a piece of board on ceiling. I'm paying $1400.00 monthly that's to much for a DUMP. Theres more but I'll leave itat that. I have rported him to the county Health Dept. That's a joke he has not done anything that I reported. OK, I got one more he painted the bath tub and when my family take a bath or shower the paint is also taking a bath (floating around in water) and I have a three year old. He is now evicting me and my lease is up Dec 31st. He's mad about the health Dept. Yes I have been late on my rent and I make sure I pay my rent. Why should I pay for a Dump and the landlord is not going to fix it. How does that work??? I need HELP. What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, CA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">