• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slumlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sydnor

i reside in the state of IL; i'm a new tenant i've been in my apt for 2mos. and i have not been successful in getting action for building related problems from the realtor or the bldg mgr. the day i moved in the apt was filthy, there are bugs everywhere and there are mice. i have communicated this information on several occassions to the realtor as well as the mgr to the bldg. the hallways are dirty,and my smoke detector is non- fuctional. i did contact the city inspector and they did come out , however i don't know what will be the outcome of their visit if any. i contacted the exterminating service that the bldg uses and they informed me that they would need to set something up with the realtor, so that was to no avail. however the exterminator said that they are unable to get any cooperation either. i pay$770/month for this, can you please tell me what rights i have legally, if i have any? help what can i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">