• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

snake in house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xtradrcme

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have a non poisonous garter snake that I found in my house. When I called my landlord he sent someone to capture it but was not successful and the snake is now in my basement. Is this dangerous living conditions and can I sue my landlord for unhealthy living conditions?:confused:

Last edited:

acmb05

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have a non poisonous garter snake that I found in my house. When I called my landlord he sent someone to capture it but was not successful and the snake is now in my basement. Is this dangerous living conditions and can I sue my landlord for unhealthy living conditions?:confused:
LMAO your kidding right?

nextwife

The danger is the poster would then have to see an icky snake, jump up on their chair and risk tipping over!

First, make a written request for the capture of the snake. That'll cover the legal stuff for now.

I'm not trying to minimize your fears but let's think about this rationally. It's a small nuisance, not dangerous. With the snake in the basement, there are a couple of scenarios...it will find it's way out into the real world. Or it will die of starvation if there's no food for it...crickets, etc.

Borrow a cat, let it flush the snake out. Borrow a neighbor's 7 yr old kid to trap it in a mayo jar. Call a pet shop, maybe they can refer you to a snake rescuer.

nextwife

First, make a written request for the capture of the snake. That'll cover the legal stuff for now.

I'm not trying to minimize your fears but let's think about this rationally. It's a small nuisance, not dangerous. With the snake in the basement, there are a couple of scenarios...it will find it's way out into the real world. Or it will die of starvation if there's no food for it...crickets, etc.

Borrow a cat, let it flush the snake out. Borrow a neighbor's 7 yr old kid to trap it in a mayo jar. Call a pet shop, maybe they can refer you to a snake rescuer.
Or leave the snake and let it go after small critters that make their way to the basement!

acmb05

Or leave the snake and let it go after small critters that make their way to the basement!
Odds are you won't see it in the house again unless it gets really cold under the house and then he may try to get back in where it is warm. Even then you probably will not see it even if it is in the house.

BelizeBreeze

Well damn.
I thought this was going to be a thread about an evil ex-husband moving in his girlfriend.

Catch and eat the damn thing. Use Gates Bar-B-Q it's GOOOOOOD!

nextwife

Odds are you won't see it in the house again unless it gets really cold under the house and then he may try to get back in where it is warm. Even then you probably will not see it even if it is in the house.
:D I'm not used to thinking in terms of "under" the house. Homes here all have basements.

Last edited:

acmb05

Well damn.
I thought this was going to be a thread about an evil ex-husband moving in his girlfriend.

Catch and eat the damn thing. Use Gates Bar-B-Q it's GOOOOOOD!
Actually Garter snakes are rather bland tasting, the BBQ sauce may help some but they are such a small snake you wont get much meat anyway.

Please don't ask me how I know this.

LSCAP

Snakes

I've been told that that kind of snake prefers to eat mice.
Normally found near gardens, and where mice come to enter the house.

Sounds better than the useless cats I have.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">