• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

soN THROWING MOTHER OUT OF HER OWN HOUSE!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amb40

What is the name of your state? MA

My brother,who was living in another state,moved back to my mothers house due to financial reasons. My mother owned the house outright and it was in HER name. He came to her saying they needed the house put into HIS and HIS wife's name so that they could get a home equity loan to take care of their financial probs and fix the house up.

There was a verbal agreement that she could stay in the house (there is an actual mother in law apt. in back of house attached to residing house) as long as she was alive. Now they are trying to EVICT her from her house onto the street at the age of 75.

What are the legalities of this? they are trying to get her out within 90 days. Does she have any recourse? What should she do?
She has resided in the house for approx. 50 years. He has threatened her not to even park on the street (public street)in front of HIS so called house.

She received a letter delivered by the Sheriff's dept,.(apparently written by her son and his wife) that stated that she must be out by the 1st of the year. (in legal terms )
Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">