• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spouse is evicting me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissa12345

What is the name of your state? Virginia I have been married for 11 years. My spouse is in the mulitary. He just gave me an eviction notice. I have to leave in 30 days or I'll be arrested. We have three kids together. What can I do and can he just throw me out like this. My name is not on the apt lease.

Hot Topic

I would immediately contact a lawyer who specializes in family law. Frankly, it sounds like your husband has "flipped out."

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
melissa12345 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia I have been married for 11 years. My spouse is in the mulitary. He just gave me an eviction notice. I have to leave in 30 days or I'll be arrested. We have three kids together. What can I do and can he just throw me out like this. My name is not on the apt lease.
You cannot be evicted from the marital residence. He needs a court order to evict you since you are married. As in he needs a court to award him the house as to be in his sole possession. He cannot just evict you.

fairisfair

Ohiogal said:
You cannot be evicted from the marital residence. He needs a court order to evict you since you are married. As in he needs a court to award him the house as to be in his sole possession. He cannot just evict you.
Ohio, does this work the same, as this is an apartment where she is not on the lease?? Not a home owned under community property???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">